Saturday, 23 May 2015

The Video - Semisonic's "Closing Time"


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Nkl01IAQrsU/Smd_puwUIuI/AAAAAAAAAZQ/W4FsDqbIReA/s320/072209+drunk+babe.jpg

every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end ...


A real nice blast from the past this! .. The song, I Mean - not that shot of my forever drunk ex-wife!

A paean to getting wasted down the pub and stumbling home in the wee small hours with a stuttering chick who suddenly seems the newest "greatest girl in the whole wide world, ever".

I know who I want to take me home ... indeed!

Of course, it's often the same creature that, in the bleary sickening hungover morning, has bizarrely mutated into something that looks like Frankenstein's monster  in a wig!

Anyway, all these debauched things are totally alien to me! .... Well today anyway! ... So far!!

"Closing Time" was the lead single from the band's fine album Feeling Strangely Fine.



















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails