This is giving me Spidey tingles!
Oldham provides the foreword to the special new 104-page book.
1) The album, remastered by Bob Weston from the original analog master tapes, pressed on 180 gram vinyl.
2) 14 previously unreleased outtakes and demos selected by the band, mastered by Bob Weston, and pressed on two 180 gram vinyl albums,
3) A 104-page book with over 100 never-before-seen photos, lyrics to the songs on Spiderland, and a foreword by the album’s cover photographer, Will Oldham
4) 2 CDs: remastered Spiderland on one, and the 14 bonus songs on a second CD.
5) Breadcrumb Trail, a new, 90-minute documentary about Slint and the making of Spiderland, directed by Lance Bangs. The doc include interviews with Slint, Steve Albini, James Murphy, David Yow, Ian Mackaye and Matt Sweeney.
The box will be available in a hand-numbered limited edition of 3,138 copies.
The packaging concept and design is by Louisville native Jeremy deVine (founder and president of the Temporary Residence label).
The album's beautiful black-and-white cover photograph, which depicts the Louisville lads (David Pajo, Todd Brashear, Brian McMahan, Britt Walford) treading water in the lake of an abandoned quarry, was taken byWill Oldham.
"most people only had seen Slint as four heads floating in a Kentucky quarry on Spiderland's cover. Listeners pondered the band's sparsely adorned black-and-white covers as if they were runes bearing secrets."
breadcrumb trail (remastered)
nosferatu man (remastered)
don, aman (remastered)
for dinner… (remastered)
good morning, captain (remastered)
Nosferatu Man (basement practice)
Washer (basement practice)
Good Morning, Captain (demo)
Pam (rough mix, Spiderland outtake)
Glenn (Spiderland outtake)
Todd’s Song (post-Spiderland song in progress)
Brian’s Song (post-Spiderland demo)
Cortez The Killer (live Chicago 1989)
Washer (4 track vocal demo)
Nosferatu Man (4 track vocal demo)
Pam (4 track vocal demo)
Good Morning, Captain (Evanston riff tape)
Nosferatu Man (Evanston riff tape)
Pam (Evanston riff tape)