Thursday, 20 August 2015

Art of the Cover - Scarlett Johansson's "Anywhere I Lay My Head" (2008)




Ah .. the woodland nymph in sweet repose!

Yap, it's the cover to  "Anywhere I Lay My Head" - geddit!  - the debut album by the voluptuous actress is comprised almost entirely of Tom Waits covers, with one ScarJo original, 'Song for Jo', as its centerpiece.

Dave Sitek produced and members of Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Celebration, and Stars Like Fleas play on the release.

A pair of tracks - Falling Down and Fannin' Stree - feature guest vocals from some guy called David Bowie.








Tracklisting

1. Fawn
2. Town with No Cheer
3. Falling Down
4. Anywhere I Lay My Head
5. Fannin Street
6. Song for Jo
7. Green Grass
8. I Wish I Was in New Orleans
9. I Don't Wanna Grow Up
10. No One Knows I'm Gone
11. Who Are You
















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails