Monday, 20 October 2014

Art of the Cover - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers' "Hypnotic Eye" (2014)



I'm half-lit, I can't dance for shit but I see what I want, I go after it




Some interesting "don't stare look at this too long or your eyes will feel like they're falling out of their fucking sockets" art adorns the excellent 13th studio album by the evergreen Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

 Hypnotic Eye was released a few weeks back, to great critical and commercial success.


Hypnotic Eye debuted at number one on the Billboard chart, with first-week sales of 131,000 copies in the United States, becoming - bizarrely - the first Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers album to ever top the chart.

The album is also set to mark a stylistic return to the band's first two albums from all those moons ago - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (1976) and You're Gonna Get It! (1978) - which is no fucking bad thing!







Tracklisting

“American Dream Plan B”

“Fault Lines”

“Red River”

“Full Grown Boy”

“All You Can Carry”

“Power Drunk”

“Forgotten Man”

“Sins of My Youth”

“U Get Me High”

“Burnt Out Town”

“Shadow Town”












No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails