Monday, 2 February 2015

Art of the Cover - Honor Blackman's "Everything I've Got" (1964)





An interesting shot of Honor adorns this one.

Ahhh .. the good life! Rolls Royces, private jets, fur, cocktails and deckchairs!

Everything I've Got ... geddit!

Anyway, after her appearance in Goldfinger, Honor Blackman recorded this - her only full album of songs, entitled Everything I've Got.

Honor had earlier recorded the novelty UK single  Kinky Boots with Patrick Macnee of  The Avengers.

The francophile Everything I've Got is an eclectic collection of covers of songs written by the likes of Anna Sosenko, Sacha Distel, Jerome Kern, Charles Aznavour, Rodgers & Hart and Lennon & McCartney.





Blackman achieved fame playing  sexy, leather-clad, Cathy Gale in the seminal UK TV series The Avengers.

She is probably best known for portraying Bond girl Pussy Galore in Goldfinger











Tracklisting

A1 Everything I've Got

A2 Darling, Je Vous Aime Beaucoup

A3 Men Will Deceive You

A4 I Wish I Never Loved You

A5 Den of Iniquity

A6 World Without Love

B1 Remind Me

B2 To Keep My Love Alive

B3 C'est drôle

B4 I Wouldn't Walk Across the Street

B5 Tomorrow Is My Turn

B6 I Want a Fair and Square Man










No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails