Friday, 5 September 2014

The Music - Lloyd Cole does "It's Late" (Acoustic Session)






With your lips so red - lips as red as hellfire - stop me dead, bring me down to my knees


From French webzine  lecargo, a lovely acoustic version of  "It's Late" by the great Lloyd Cole.

A beautiful, fragile song of the pain of loneliness ("I can't sleep so tonight what am I supposed to do?") and the futile chase for ever elusive love ("I went looking for the devil's daughter").

"It's Late" appeared on Cole's critically acclaimed - and indeed magnificent - collection Standards.

One of my faves of last year without a doubt.

This guy liked it too .....

Standards is another stunning masterpiece from Lloyd Cole. He continues to impress as one of today's most gifted lyricists. 
The music from the unexpected rocker "California Earthquake" to the timeless beauty of "Myrtle and the Rose" leaves this listener captivated. 
Lloyd has always been able to craft beautifully written, soulfully tender, heartbreaking songs. "The longer you've been gone, the less the longing" is another shining example of how well he can capture images with words. 
Having been a dedicated fan for well over 30 years, I can honestly say that this is one of his most compelling albums in quite some time. I have yet to find a Lloyd Cole album not worth listening to, but Standards seems to even exceed past gems like Love Story and Rattlesnakes. 
Do yourself a favor and purchase Standards. You will be very glad you did. 

-- By MDG

You heard him ... get buying!













 








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails