Saturday, 6 September 2014

The Music - Lynn Carey and Mama Lion Live in Montreux (1973)






A rare video of Mama Lion belting out some fine blues-rock live at the 1973 Montreux Jazz Festival around the time of their Give It Everything I've Got LP.  This clip was shot by Swiss TV.

The band features - of course - the yummylicious Lynn Carey on vocals as well as Alan Hertzberg on guitar, Judson Huss on bass, Jim Howard on keyboards and Gary "Coffi" Hall on drums.

Lynn actually left two comments on youtube for this vid, saying ....
It's great to talk with you. I really appreciate being able to see this video clip. I will be posting a video of a more recent Montreux Jazz and Pop Festival that I did soon. Actually, it's Alan Hertzberg on guitar. We used to call him "supremo" 'cause of the big spliffs he rolled and smoked. Ah, the 70's...Have you checked out my facebook pages yet? Let me know what you think.
All the best, Lynn Carey
.....
Thanks for your comments and for watching and listening. I never stopped singing. You can listen to more of my music on my facebook "wall"... and also see some cool pix in my photo albums there.
Love, Lynn Carey/Mama Lion


















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails