Sunday, 14 March 2010

The Music - Clips from Bob Dylan's Japan shows this week



http://blog.ruderetro.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/bob_dylan.jpg


Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there, with silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair.


His Bobness is in the midst of his tour of the Land Of The Rising Nutcase!

He's now played three of his five night stint at the Zepp Osaka, in Osaka - the second largest city in Japan perhaps but, in line with Bob's apparent policy on this tour, not the obvious spot for a Dylan 'happening'; a place perhaps not having the same level of cultural or historical significance. as Tokyo or Kyoto.

Anyway, four fine audio clips of classic Bob tracks from the Osaka gigs of March 12 /13 are below, leading with one of my favourite tracks of all, the sublime ""Shelter From The Storm."



"Shelter From The Storm", March 13, 2010


"Don't Think Twice, It's All Right", March 12, 2010


"The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll", March 13, 2010


"Po' Boy", March 12, 2010













2 comments:

Keido said...

I saw Bob last night (3/15) and last Thursday (3/11) in Osaka and they were easily the best Dylan shows I've ever seen (since 1975), largely due to the small venue, only 2000 in attendance (Zepp is part of Sony Corp). Strong voice, smooth moves, good sound (loud yet comfortable). One more thing: I live in Kyoto. To say that Osaka is not as significant as Kyoto or Tokyo is asking for trouble. Ouch! The Osaka crowd would beg to differ, I'm sure. The bulk of Chinese culture, for example, which accounts for most of Japanese culture, entered via Sakai City, south Osaka. Proud folk around here. Cheers!

stupid and contagious said...

Thanks Keido!

You're making me jealous! Both for the Bob gigs and living in Kyoto!

Sounds like Bob was on top of his game in what seems a great venue.

Kyoto's a stunning city. I spent a wonderful week on holiday there a few years ago. Would love to go back.

Had a whirlwind stop in Osaka on the same trip but didn't fall in love with the place.

As for Tokyo in the searing 40 degree August heat! Man, I had to redefine my understanding of "madness"! I think I lost what little was left of my marbles there! So different from gthe majesty of Kyoto. Some fun was had there though!

Cheers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails